Apply now for the 2018 Royal Aeronautical Society Centennial Scholarship programme
If you need help completing studies in an aerospace or aviation field, or are looking to inspire the next generation of pioneers, read on!
The Royal Aeronautical Society set up the Centennial Fund in 2003 to mark the 100 year anniversary of the Wright Brothers’ first successful powered flight of 1903. Two types of scholarships are available:
- Individual – to contribute to academic tuition fees
- Team – for organisations which run programmes to encourage young people’s interest in aerospace and aviation opportunities.
Examples of awards include:
- Final year MEng students on Aerospace Engineering programmes
- Postgraduate tuition fees for Master’s programmes such as Air Transport Management and Aerospace Vehicle Design
- Completion of aerospace-related PhD projects
- External charity-led programmes to encourage young people’s interest in the aviation industry and aerospace engineering
There are also several Named Awards including:
- Robert Blackburn Award – for aerospace engineering study
- Alan Snudden Award – for aircraft engineering and safety related study
- GP Olley Award – for aerospace medicine study and research
How to apply
To apply for an award you need to complete the Centennial application form and provide the relevant supplementary documentation. Applications are reviewed annually and the deadline for this year’s round is 31 May 2018. Applications received on or before this date will be considered in the Summer of 2018 with the outcome announced in late Summer/early Autumn.
For further information and to download the application form and accompanying guidelines please visit the Royal Aeronautical Society website: https://www.aerosociety.com/careers-education/bursaries/scholarships/
T: +44 (0)20 7670 4321