What are the Key Responsibilities of Cabin Crew members?
Working as Cabin Crew for a major airline provides plenty of contact with people as well as opportunities to travel. The air cabin crew of a commercial airline share responsibility for the safety and comfort of its passengers.
Your duties will include:
- greeting passengers as they board and exit the plane
- showing passengers to their seats and providing special attention to certain passengers, such as the elderly or disabled
- serving meals and refreshments
- checking the condition and provision of emergency equipment and information for passengers
- demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures
- administering first aid
- dealing with emergencies
- supplying passengers with newspapers, magazines and in-flight entertainment
- selling duty-free commercial goods and pursuing sales targets
- producing written flight reports after completing a journey.
The role can be physically and emotionally demanding and there is a high degree of responsibility involved. Cabin crew are expected to deal with all passengers diplomatically – even when feeling the effects of travelling through time zones and spending extended periods of time on their feet.