The Royal Aeronautical Society’s Education & Skills team, supported by the RAeS Foundation, have produced four short video animations aimed at young people, teachers and parents to showcase some of the sectors within the aerospace industry and provide insight into the skills you will need and what route you can follow to find the job of your dreams. We have also started a series of online webinars, our first one is available to view below.
Careers & Employability Webinar from the 6th May
How to best prepare for a Careers in Aerospace & Aviation following a crisis
– Theme 1: COVID-19’s impact on the UK/European Aviation & Aerospace Industry
– Theme 2: UK Industry Landscape, who is hiring & where are the jobs?
– Theme 3: What are the most sought after disciplines at present and what are organisations looking for in terms of skills & experience?
– Theme 4: Job & Internship search skills – how do you do it in an industry downturn & the importance of being nimble
– Theme 5: Effective networking – why an industry downturn is a good time to build relationships?
– Theme 6: What is a portfolio career and how do you structure it: full-time add-ons, anchor roles & side gigs, multiple part-time roles & side hustles
– Theme 7: Your Early Career Journey
– Theme 8: What can you being doing in downturn to prepare for the upturn – CVs and other hints & tips
Arpad Szakal MRAeS
I am an Aviation & Aerospace Lead at Cellence Plus, a boutique executive search & leadership assessment firm based in London. We provide mid to senior-level executive search and leadership advisory services to a broad range of clients in the aerospace and broader transportation sectors. Prior to my career in search, I worked at the Aviation Departments of two leading international law firms in London where I handled various EU regulatory matters including passenger rights. I earned my LL.M. (Adv.) degree in Air & Space Law at the Leiden Institute which is one of the leading academic research and teaching institutes in the world, specialising in aviation law and regulation. I am also an active member of The Aviation Club of The UK, the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) and the Air League.
Jenny Edwards ARAeS
I am a University of Southampton graduate with a Master’s degree in Physics with Astronomy. During my time at University, I undertook two summer engineering placements as a Systems Integration Engineer with Archangel Aerospace and as a Development Engineer with Rolls-Royce. I have been on the Lockheed Martin Ampthill graduate scheme since Autumn 2018 working as a Systems Engineer. During this time, I have had placements in the Special Projects Team within the Modelling & Simulation group, on a Research & Development project investigating Operational Analysis tools, as the technical assistant to the chief engineer of the Ajax vehicle turret program, and currently I work as a Systems Engineer on a defensive space project. I sit on my local RAeS branch committee, have presented on a panel for emerging defence issues with the Royal United Services Institute and am an active STEM Ambassador. As part of this, I am on both the Outreach Committee and lead the Women in STEM team for Lockheed Martin Ampthill, promoting careers in science and engineering to children and young adults across the UK.
Nick Davis – Employability & Skills Executive, RAeS
Rishi Radia AMRAeS – Careers & Outreach Officer, RAeS
Rosalind Azouzi – Head of Skills & Careers, RAeS