The Royal Aeronautical Society launched the Centennial Scholarship Fund in 2003 in celebration of one hundred years of flight and to look forward to the next generation of aerospace pioneers and experts in the 21st Century.
Thanks to the generous support of the sponsors of the Fund, representing all areas of membership of the RAeS – from our Corporate Partners large and small, to individual members – the Fund has gone from strength to strength and we have been able to provide support to a number of outstanding students and team initiatives.
Awards include support towards tuition fees for:
* Final year MEng Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering
* Postgraduate study in aerospace and aviation related subjects
These include several named awards:
* The Robert Blackburn Award – for aerospace engineering study
* The Alan Snudden Award – for aircraft engineering and safety related study
* The GP Olley Award – for aerospace medicine study and research
Individual awards are also given to assist in completion of aerospace-related post-doctorate research projects.
Team awards are given for programmes aimed at STEM engagement and boosting young people’s interest in aerospace and aviation as a career choice.
Applications for summer programs and short courses are not accepted.