How Are the Winners Selected?
Winners will be selected based on the best designs that include a range of features that are considered below:
- The Spacecraft should carry 5 astronauts plus a dog called Riley! (make sure Riley has enough space to play!)
- It should be able to travel to Mars and return safely with all 5 astronauts
- It should be able to land on a rocky surface, ( The ground on Mars is known to be rocky!)
- It should have enough windows (but not too many!) so that the astronauts can enjoy the fascinating views of Space!
- It should be kind to the environment and not cause any harm to the atmosphere on earth during lift-off and Re-entry! ( How would you power the spacecraft, electricity or fuel?)
- It must be able to carry all the special things that an astronaut would take to space. (This includes experimental equipment, Country flags, Space uniforms, cameras and most importantly food and water!)
- The Astronauts should be able to speak to Mission Control on Earth at all times. How would they do this? Would Mobile Phones work?
Winners will be selected by members of the Careers team at the Royal Aeronautical Society and those lucky ones will be notified by the RAeS in early February.