Atkins - Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology
286 Euston Road
London, NW1 3AD
Overview and opportunities
Overview and opportunities
Supported and inspired by our team of experts, you’ll work on some of the most technologically advanced projects in the world. We offer a vast scope from systems engineering, mechanical design and control and instrumentation, to complex infrastructure design and project management. The theoretical and practical skills you gained at university will help you work closely with our clients and grasp complex engineering methods.
We use our ingenuity and technical, engineering and project management know-how to impact on critical aerospace and defence projects in the UK and beyond. Our people work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and create lighter, quieter and more fuel-efficient aircraft. One of the largest consultancies to the UK defence market, we support government defence departments and industry to keep our citizens and infrastructure safe.
Within the team, you could be expected to travel across the UK working on projects including aircraft design across all sectors, future defence projects, human factors, testing or Space. Working within design, systems, certification, finite elements, programming or stress analysis. We are looking for people who are digitally equipped to face the future needs of the market.
- Specialist Vehicle (SV) Programme - major acquisition programme for the MoD.
- Boeing KC-46, Rolls Royce Trent 1000 and Airbus A380 and A350.
- Passenger authentication scanning system (PASS) - improving airport security and passenger processing.
- CREST - national cyber security strategy - resilience to cyber security threats.
- Using GIS to help assess the best sites for new nuclear power stations
- Graduate scheme applications open in September 2018, for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our for our website
- Apprentice applications open in October 2018, for further information email: email@example.com
- Placement roles both industrial and summer, for further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experienced hire – for further information visit our website
- ADS&T roles will be based in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Aldershot, Derby and Silchester
Classification / Attributes
- Roles: Engineering, Operations
- Entry routes: Graduate Scheme, School Leavers, Apprenticeships, Industrial Placements
- Size: Large
- Areas: South East, South West, London, Midlands, North East, North West, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Europe, North America, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia, Pacific
- Design engineering
- Research & Development
- Airport Systems and Planning