Our annual AeroTube competition is back!
COMPETITION OPENS: 29th March 2021
Get creative and enter our video competition, we are challenging you to show off your creative skills and share your knowledge…
The RAeS is inviting you to produce an informative video on something aerospace or aviation related. It could be anything; a topic you are particularly passionate about, a project from university or work, trying to explain the principles of aerodynamics to novices, something you have built, findings from research, a look at new technologies– whatever lifts your wings!
To enter, complete our entry form and send us your video by 31st May 2021. Winners will be selected and announced 30th June 2021.
Videos will be judged on:
- Subject relevance and interest to the wider aerospace and aviation community
- Presentation of case – the point being made, and how well it is made
- Subject knowledge and understanding
- Standard of visual presentation
The style of the video is up to you – use what resources you have available to you. You can simply record your over slides, film yourself talking to camera, or a mix. Produce it alone, or collaborate with friends & colleagues as a group project (please make sure you comply with all local social-distancing policies).
Please consider when creating your video:
- Videos should be between 6–10 minutes in length.
- The competition is open to all members of the Royal Aeronautical Society. For group projects, at least one group member must have an active membership.
- Submit the link to your video by filling in the entry form
- We suggest uploading your video to Youtube or Vimeo as an unlisted private video accessible by link only.
- Non-English language content must be captioned in English.
- Please list details for sources and links in the video notes when uploading to Youtube or Vimeo. Otherwise, include this list on the email when submitting the link.
- Make sure you have permissions or licenses for use of intellectual property as required if it does not fall within Fair Use laws.
- If the subject is specifically related to your current or past employment, check you have necessary permissions from your employer.
- Submitted videos may be shared or published on the RAeS’ media channels at a later date, but we will contact entrants for permission before publication.
Last year’s winners were: Sergio Hidalgo for his video on the future of supersonic travel; and a team entry from Dr Rohan Sant and Dr Daniel Olayia looking at the effects of space travel on the human body. You can use the below videos for inspiration!
#coolaeronutics is well and truly underway at the @MuseumofMaking in #Derby! We have welcomed over 30 students from Ashover School to experience a fun and educational #STEM based day with support of @RollsRoyceUK! Wind tunnels are a topic of huge excitement! @RAeSCareers https://t.co/F99Zzk7rHv
Join @AeroSociety and #altamentoring platform partners, Airbus, RAF, @UWEBristol and Little Blue Private Jets, to celebrate #nationalmentoringday, 27 Oct 2021, via Zoom, 16.00-1700 BST, for inspiring talks on the power of mentoring and women's networks