Limited printed copies of the following documents listed below are available. For free copies please send your contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAREER FLIGHTPATH MAGAZINE - ISSUE 4
The fourth (2015/16) issue of the Royal Aeronautical Society's FREE in-house aerospace and aviation careers magazine, Career Flightpath, is now available! The magazine covers a wide range of features ranging from entry routes into aerospace and aviation and career pathways - including university study and apprenticeships - through to career development advice such as how to make the most of networking opportunities through the RAeS. We also celebrate the Society's 150th anniversary in 2016 with a special look at our activities to help the next generation of aerospace and aviation pioneers. There are also features on new wearable technology, special features on the European aerospace industry and growing opportunities in the Middle East and a look at industry initiatives to tackle diversity. We also have interviews with inspirational individuals on their aerospace journey including:
- Our cover star, Captain Rola Hoteit, one of the only female airline captains in the Middle East.
- Abbie Hutty, Space Engineer with Airbus Defence and Space and 2013 Woman Engineer of the year.
- Russel Wide of London Stansted Airport.
- Chris Moorey, Foundation degree student with Marshall Aerospace & Defence Group.
- Airbus apprentices Zuzanna Wnekowska and Beth Shallish.
- Case studies from RAeS Young Members Lalitya Dayla, Rob Fanner, Laura Hoang and recent pilot cadets Patrick Quinn and Ed Burbridge.
You can download the magazine at the link below or for a FREE, printed copy please email your name and postal address to: email@example.com
Primary Age (Key Stage 1 & 2):
Secondary Age (Key Stage 3 & 4):
Tertiary Education - Scholarships and Awards:
Impartial guide to civil and military training routes into flying:
- The Honourable Company of Air Pilots have produced a digital version of their impartial guide to routes to becoming a pilot. Visit the following page at their website to download the pdf at no charge.
- The Honourable Company of Air Pilots has also created a dedicated website for advice on flying as a career. This website considers military and commercial options as well as providing information and advice regarding Pilot Aptitude Assessment.
Careers Centre Compiled Information Lists:
Educational Institutions and Courses
- UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE COURSES
- POSTGRADUATE DEGREE COURSES
- FURTHER EDUCATION COURSES
- COLLEGES OFFERING AIR CABIN CREW VOCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- UK BASED AIRLINES
- UK COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER COMPANIES
- UK AIRPORTS
- AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE COMPANIES
- PILOT TRAINING SCHOOLS
Space and Technology
For any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
Aviation and Aircraft Maintainence
Society Accredited Schemes and Programmes