Welcome to Careers in Aerospace
a window for young people to explore
the opportunities in aerospace
Careers in Aerospace is the exciting, not-for-profit careers initiative from the partnership of The Royal Aeronautical Society and ADS Group. The website aims to provide impartial information, advice and guidance (IAG) on aerospace, aviation and defence career pathways and entry routes and also contains valuable resources for job seekers including CV and Skills advice, company listings for your job search as well as information about competitions, scholarships, vacancy news and relevant events.
Aerospace and aviation are some of the most diverse industries when it comes to career opportunities. Whatever your talents, there could be something for you: whether you are into design, knowing how things work and finding ways to improve them; if you are practically minded and hands-on; or you have a passion for business or policy-making - we believe that in aerospace, there really is something for everyone!
Whether you're at school, college or university or a teacher/parent/careers advisor you'll be able to find out about every opportunity to be part of this exciting industry. We have everything you'll need to know.
- RAeS Education and Skills Conference 2015 - networking and sharing forum, RAeS HQ, London W1, Wednesday 2 December 2015
- Career FLIGHTPATH LIVE - Our new Spring recruitment fair @ Royal Aeronautical Society HQ - next event Friday 11 March 2016.
- Careers in Aerospace LIVE - our 2015 Autumn recruitment fair took place on Friday 6 November 2015 @ Royal Aeronautical Society HQ, London W1. Next Autumn fair is Friday 4 November 2015
- Ballantyne Careers Awareness event 2016 - our FREE annual event for 1418 year-olds takes place each Spring in London. Find out more about previous events here (external link)
- News - includes job news, competitions, relevant events and more
- Take a look at the recently revised Flying section on these webpages, describing pathways and career choices for aspiring pilots. Read more on our webpages
- Self Assessment Portal - specialised Assessment tests for Apprentices, Graduate Engineer and Pilot applicants. In association with psychometric testing specialists, Cut-e.
- Careers Service for free advice on making applications, CVs, Skills, Covering letters, Interviews, Assessment Centres and Networking.
- Industry directory of companies and educational establishments.
- Scholarships, academic bursaries and extracurricular activities.
- Want to know How to be a pilot? or How to be an engineer?