Welcome to Careers in Aerospace
a window for young people to explore
the opportunities in aerospace
Careers in Aerospace is the exciting, not-for-profit careers initiative from the partnership of The Royal Aeronautical Society and ADS Group (Advancing UK AeroSpace, Defence and Security industries). The website aims to provide impartial information, advice and guidance on aerospace, aviation and defence career pathways and entry routes and also contains valuable resources for job seekers including CV and Skills advice, company listings for your job search as well as information about competitions, scholarships, vacancy news and relevant events.
Aerospace is one of the most diverse industries when it comes to career opportunities. Whatever your talents, aerospace could be for you: whether you are into design, knowing how things work and finding ways to improve them; if you are practically minded and hands-on; whether you have a passion for business or policy-making; we believe that in aerospace, there really is something for everyone!
Whether you're at school, college or university you'll be able to find out about every opportunity to be part of this exciting industry. We have everything you'll need to know.
NEW FLIGHT TRAINING CONTENT ON CAREERS IN AEROSPACE:
- The Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (HAPAPP) has now launched! This new scheme gives professional status to trainee pilots through an innovative skills framework. Read more on our webpages and on the Aviation Skills Partnership website where you can also join the Aviation Skills Network to keep up to date with the latest news about HAPAPP and a wide range of other skills-related aviation news
- Take a look at the recently revised Flying section on these webpages, describing pathways and career choices for aspiring pilots
- Careers in Aerospace LIVE Next event 8 November 2013!
- News - includes job news, competitions, relevant events and more.
- Self Assessment Portal - specialised Assessment tests for Apprentices, Graduate Engineer and Pilot applicants. In association with psychometric testing specialists, Cut-e.
- Careers Service for advice on making applications, CVs, Skills, Covering letters, Interviews, Assessment Centres and Networking.
- Industry directory of companies and educational establishments.
- Scholarships, academic bursaries and extracurricular activities.
- Want to know How to be a pilot? or How to be an engineer?
- Register for Free to access our "Ask an Expert" forum and receive our careers e-newsletters.