Welcome to Careers in Aerospace
a window for young people to explore
the opportunities in aerospace
Careers in Aerospace is the exciting, not-for-profit careers initiative from the partnership of The Royal Aeronautical Society and ADS Group. The website aims to provide impartial information, advice and guidance (IAG) on aerospace, aviation and defence career pathways and entry routes and also contains valuable resources for job seekers including CV and Skills advice, company listings for your job search as well as information about competitions, scholarships, vacancy news and relevant events.
Aerospace and aviation are some of the most diverse industries when it comes to career opportunities. Whatever your talents, there could be something for you: whether you are into design, knowing how things work and finding ways to improve them; if you are practically minded and hands-on; or you have a passion for business or policy-making - we believe that in aerospace, there really is something for everyone!
Whether you're at school, college or university or a teacher/parent/careers advisor you'll be able to find out about every opportunity to be part of this exciting industry. We have everything you'll need to know.
- Careers in Aerospace LIVE - register now for our annual recruitment fair for those seeking employment in aerospace and aviation - Friday 7 November 2014, Royal Aeronautical Society.
- Education and Skills Conference, 1 October 2014 - Working Together to deliver the skills industry needs. Aimed at employers, training providers, STEM and aviation outreach specialists, skills experts and careers advisors. Register here (external link).
- Ballantyne Careers Awareness event 2015 - our FREE annual event for 14-18 year-olds will take place in Spring 2015, London W1. Find out more here (external link)
- News - includes job news, competitions, relevant events and more
- Take a look at the recently revised Flying section on these webpages, describing pathways and career choices for aspiring pilots including information on the work of the new Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (HAPAPP) Read more on our webpages
- Self Assessment Portal - specialised Assessment tests for Apprentices, Graduate Engineer and Pilot applicants. In association with psychometric testing specialists, Cut-e.
- Careers Service for free advice on making applications, CVs, Skills, Covering letters, Interviews, Assessment Centres and Networking.
- Industry directory of companies and educational establishments.
- Scholarships, academic bursaries and extracurricular activities.
- Want to know How to be a pilot? or How to be an engineer?